When a real, flesh and blood human being arrives on your website, what does ite say to them? Is your text cold and uninviting? Does it feel like that person who answered the phone at that business you called once who made you feel like you were just a number to them? Your on-site marketing, unfortunately, can feel the same way to YOUR customers.
Internet Marketing extends to your content, your text, your engagement and interaction with the people stopping by your online storefront. How you make them feel is one of the prime foundations of the road to a Sale. What do we mean?
The Human Touch in Internet Marketing
It’s not about fake compliments or other tactics that fall flat. It’s about speaking to the visitor’s wants and needs. Clearly & Directly. Empathize with their problem – the very reason they’re on your website seeking a solution. Give them understanding. Don’t go overboard, just an acknowledgement is enough. Then tell them what you can do for them. But do it right.
It’s the old, but eternally correct, technique of emphasizing Benefits, not Features. Your product doesn’t just inflate tires to the right level with the touch of a button inside the car, it’s a money saving device. Drivers save cash spent on gasoline because properly inflated tires give better mileage.
Your app doesn’t just summarize any book with a scan from your smartphone, it opens your mind and the minds of your children to new reading experiences that you never would’ve had before. Your app makes them smarter, more cultured human beings!
Connect the dots between what you do, or what you sell, and the person’s needs – their deepest if possible and appropriate. Talk to them as human beings, not as statistics from your analytics data.
Remember, your marketing works when you speak to your audience like a friend, a concerned neighbor or even a family member. Not a cold robot who’s playing a numbers game.
- Internet Marketing – Where Robots Ain’t Cool - July 20, 2015
- Why Google Biz Reviews are Even More Important to You Now - July 3, 2015
- How You’re Losing Website Sales at the Crucial Moment - June 23, 2015
- Why Google+ MUST Be Part of Your Internet Marketing Strategy - June 18, 2015
- 3 Questions You Must Answer When Considering PPC - June 15, 2015
- Why 50+ Year Old Direct Marketing Techniques are the New SEO ‘Secrets’ - June 11, 2015
- The Truth About Bounce Rate - June 4, 2015
- READABLE: The Overlooked SEO & Internet Marketing Factor - May 29, 2015
- You Can’t Just Sell in Today’s SEO World & Still Rank - May 27, 2015
- How to Get Back Up in Google After the ‘Phantom’ Update - May 22, 2015