Google+ is known best as the poor counterpart to Facebook. A lot less people, a lot less interaction and rarely in the news. Still, your business ignores it at your peril. Here’s why.
1. Do you want to get into those map listings that show at the top of Google search results? If so, you need to get your Google+ business page up and optimized. NOW. A position there can mean a huge upswing in visitors to your site, so why wouldn’t you do it?
2. Google may have created a Google+ page for your business already. That’s not good news. They populate it with the most basic of information, possibly leaving out such essentials like your phone number or website address. They also don’t put up pictures for you, leaving it to look very amateur, which makes you look amateur too. Is that how you want to present your business? First impressions are everything.
3. Google+ reviews of your business will make that top map listing stand out even more to a potential customer. Whose listing would you click on – the one with no reviews or the one who has a 5 Star Rating from past clients? We both know what the answer is.
You need to get on Google+, take care of your business presence there and keep it updated, too. Take advantage of the tools and benefits that Google is giving you – Free. If you don’t, you’re only hurting yourself. And your business.
- Internet Marketing – Where Robots Ain’t Cool - July 20, 2015
- Why Google Biz Reviews are Even More Important to You Now - July 3, 2015
- How You’re Losing Website Sales at the Crucial Moment - June 23, 2015
- Why Google+ MUST Be Part of Your Internet Marketing Strategy - June 18, 2015
- 3 Questions You Must Answer When Considering PPC - June 15, 2015
- Why 50+ Year Old Direct Marketing Techniques are the New SEO ‘Secrets’ - June 11, 2015
- The Truth About Bounce Rate - June 4, 2015
- READABLE: The Overlooked SEO & Internet Marketing Factor - May 29, 2015
- You Can’t Just Sell in Today’s SEO World & Still Rank - May 27, 2015
- How to Get Back Up in Google After the ‘Phantom’ Update - May 22, 2015