It sounds so tempting doesn’t it? Just turn over your off-site SEO to an automated service and submit to hundreds of directories in minutes, even seconds. What you’re really doing is begging Google to penalize your site & keep it from ever ranking. It’s like putting a brick wall in front of your store entrance. Here’s why.
Google has been looking more and more at your links lately. In fact, the latest ranking algorithm update added even more restrictions to this part of SEO. They want natural links, not factory produced ones. What does that mean?
It means they need to see link text that varies, not the same keyphrase or 2 over and over. Unfortunately, if you use a Mass Link Submission service, that’s exactly what you get. Even though that’s exactly what Google doesn’t want. It’s like doing negative SEO on yourself. Why would you do that?
Another problem – Mass Link Submissions don’t necessarily pick out quality directories, which is where you want to be. Even if there are some in there, you’ll find many that you don’t have a chance of getting into. They’ll submit you to directories for Women-Owned businesses, for businesses based in Israel or for specific industries, like Travel or Construction. If you fit these requirements, you just might get a link. If, like me, you’re not, you’re paying for rejection.
Who cares if you’re submitted to 100s of Directories if 25% to 50% of them will never list you business. SEO has to be done smart. Especially as the search engines have become more and more discriminating, detecting the old SEO tricks that used to work and now only get you in trouble.
Mass Link Submission is a dead end. Raise your SEO game now or watch your site sink. It’s that simple.
- Internet Marketing – Where Robots Ain’t Cool - July 20, 2015
- Why Google Biz Reviews are Even More Important to You Now - July 3, 2015
- How You’re Losing Website Sales at the Crucial Moment - June 23, 2015
- Why Google+ MUST Be Part of Your Internet Marketing Strategy - June 18, 2015
- 3 Questions You Must Answer When Considering PPC - June 15, 2015
- Why 50+ Year Old Direct Marketing Techniques are the New SEO ‘Secrets’ - June 11, 2015
- The Truth About Bounce Rate - June 4, 2015
- READABLE: The Overlooked SEO & Internet Marketing Factor - May 29, 2015
- You Can’t Just Sell in Today’s SEO World & Still Rank - May 27, 2015
- How to Get Back Up in Google After the ‘Phantom’ Update - May 22, 2015