In this part of the guide, we’re going to delve even more into the content you need to be sharing on Google+ to get search rankings benefits. Let’s take a closer look at what to share on Google+ and how to do it, in prime SEO style.
HOW & WHAT TO SHARE ON GOOGLE+ TO TARGET RANKINGS
First, like other social media you want to share pictures and video. They’re popular and tend to catch the eyes of those you’re sharing them with more than straight text.
Just remember to add some copy along with the pics and flix, though. It not only will give people some context, it’s also your chance to slip in some keyphrases. Especially pay attention to the Headline, which not only needs keywords, it also must grab attention.
You can also use Surveys to get others to interact with you more. Just be sure that you make the Survey questions(s) and subject intriguing. No one will answer a boring survey. Give some background of the reason for the questions – it’s part of showing you to the world that can hook people. That’s what social media is about, anyway – being you.
SEO FOCUS IS CRUCIAL
If you’re using Google+ for SEO, then that means staying focused on the area you want to rank for. Just like optimizing a website, you want to generally stay on topic. Doesn’t mean you can’t stray now and then. It just means that people shouldn’t wonder what your focus is from a brief look of your profile and history.
Finally, try to have a regular schedule laid out for working on your Google+ account, including content sharing. Keep that schedule and you should see SEO benfits paying off soon!
- Internet Marketing – Where Robots Ain’t Cool - July 20, 2015
- Why Google Biz Reviews are Even More Important to You Now - July 3, 2015
- How You’re Losing Website Sales at the Crucial Moment - June 23, 2015
- Why Google+ MUST Be Part of Your Internet Marketing Strategy - June 18, 2015
- 3 Questions You Must Answer When Considering PPC - June 15, 2015
- Why 50+ Year Old Direct Marketing Techniques are the New SEO ‘Secrets’ - June 11, 2015
- The Truth About Bounce Rate - June 4, 2015
- READABLE: The Overlooked SEO & Internet Marketing Factor - May 29, 2015
- You Can’t Just Sell in Today’s SEO World & Still Rank - May 27, 2015
- How to Get Back Up in Google After the ‘Phantom’ Update - May 22, 2015