This isn’t exactly breaking news, but the latest big Google ranking changes is the new ‘Google Fresh’. What is it? For once, the update name actually means something.
The idea behind it is that Google now gives SEO ranking points for Fresh Content. They had always done this to some degree, but there seems to be a new emphasis there. What does that mean for your SEO?
It means that you should leverage ways to create that new and/or updated content, such as blogs, PR, articles, etc. If you’re not using those already, now’s the time to get them started. Or, maybe it’s time to feed those avenues more often.
To help you better understand Google Fresh, here’s a couple of good articles that should shed even more light on how your SEO strategy needs to change:
- Internet Marketing – Where Robots Ain’t Cool - July 20, 2015
- Why Google Biz Reviews are Even More Important to You Now - July 3, 2015
- How You’re Losing Website Sales at the Crucial Moment - June 23, 2015
- Why Google+ MUST Be Part of Your Internet Marketing Strategy - June 18, 2015
- 3 Questions You Must Answer When Considering PPC - June 15, 2015
- Why 50+ Year Old Direct Marketing Techniques are the New SEO ‘Secrets’ - June 11, 2015
- The Truth About Bounce Rate - June 4, 2015
- READABLE: The Overlooked SEO & Internet Marketing Factor - May 29, 2015
- You Can’t Just Sell in Today’s SEO World & Still Rank - May 27, 2015
- How to Get Back Up in Google After the ‘Phantom’ Update - May 22, 2015