It’s been a while since last posting due to:
A. Some blog software problems
B. I’m the current President of the Honolulu Chinese Jaycees and that’s taken a lot my extra time.
Things have eased up on both fronts so I should blogging more regularly. Follow me on Twitter for daily tips and search engine news.
The BIG NEWS right now is the looming change at Google, called Google Caffeine. It’s the biggest under-the-hood change Google has done in years. It is supposed to bring search closer to delivering real time results. An obvious response to Twitter and other recent developments.
Tests have shown that Caffeine is faster than today’s Google and it also grabs more results in that shorter space of time it takes to give you an answer. However, more results isn’t necessarily better since very few searchers go past the top 30 listings anyway.
You can conduct your won tests of today’s Google versus Caffeine right now:
What does it mean for you and your site? That’s unclear right now. Some believe it will make SEO harder, or at least the ‘gaming’ of it, making hard content and relevancy even more important than ever.
The real implications of this probably aren’t apparent yet, especially as this isn’t the finished version of Caffeine. So stay tuned.
- Internet Marketing – Where Robots Ain’t Cool - July 20, 2015
- Why Google Biz Reviews are Even More Important to You Now - July 3, 2015
- How You’re Losing Website Sales at the Crucial Moment - June 23, 2015
- Why Google+ MUST Be Part of Your Internet Marketing Strategy - June 18, 2015
- 3 Questions You Must Answer When Considering PPC - June 15, 2015
- Why 50+ Year Old Direct Marketing Techniques are the New SEO ‘Secrets’ - June 11, 2015
- The Truth About Bounce Rate - June 4, 2015
- READABLE: The Overlooked SEO & Internet Marketing Factor - May 29, 2015
- You Can’t Just Sell in Today’s SEO World & Still Rank - May 27, 2015
- How to Get Back Up in Google After the ‘Phantom’ Update - May 22, 2015