As this blog has said before, Search & Internet Marketing don’t end when the prospect comes through your virtual door. You still have work to do. Many businesses concentrate so much on the work outside the site, they forget completely about the crucial importance of the on site experience.
Hawaii business has a long history of being built on relationships and trust. In Honolulu, and especially on our Neighbor Islands, people do not ‘do businesse’ as quickly as on the Mainland. Here, some measure of rapport must be built. If you can establish that you have mutual friends or relatives, even better. It’s a slower, yet in some ways, richer way of business.
This need for trust and credibility has direct applications for all businesses on the internet, whether they’re in Hawaii or not. There is a desire by your visitors to feel comfortable buying from you – or just ‘buying you’. Without a brick-and-mortar shop to visit, at least initially, your prospect wants to get to know you or at least be reasurred that taking the next step won’t be risky.
How can you do this? Give people a look at You, your business, your life even. An About Us page, done right, can establish the human face that sometimes makes the difference between a sale and a click off of your site. Give people a reason to trust you and your product or service. In other words, expand your marketing to include yourself and your business. Or your way of doing business.
Tell them what professional groups you belong to. Show your office or store, if you have one. Give some background to the readers. What was true about offline Marketing is doubly true of Search and Internet Marketing – and that is the fact that ‘Everything You Do Is Marketing’. Remember, they’re not just buying what you sell, they have to buy ‘you’. Integrate that into your search/internet marketing efforts and it will pay off.
- Internet Marketing – Where Robots Ain’t Cool - July 20, 2015
- Why Google Biz Reviews are Even More Important to You Now - July 3, 2015
- How You’re Losing Website Sales at the Crucial Moment - June 23, 2015
- Why Google+ MUST Be Part of Your Internet Marketing Strategy - June 18, 2015
- 3 Questions You Must Answer When Considering PPC - June 15, 2015
- Why 50+ Year Old Direct Marketing Techniques are the New SEO ‘Secrets’ - June 11, 2015
- The Truth About Bounce Rate - June 4, 2015
- READABLE: The Overlooked SEO & Internet Marketing Factor - May 29, 2015
- You Can’t Just Sell in Today’s SEO World & Still Rank - May 27, 2015
- How to Get Back Up in Google After the ‘Phantom’ Update - May 22, 2015