If you’ve checked your Google rankings at different times in the same day, you may have noticed that your rankings fluctuate. In fact, your Google rankings might be see-sawing by more than a few positions. What does that mean?
It means you’re learning about the Google Data Centers factor – a big one in SEO. Contrary to what some believe, there isn’t 1 Google Ranking Algorithm. Let me explain: Google has a number of what are called Data Centers. Basically, the Data Centers are what take in your search query after you hit that ‘Search’ button on Google. Then, according to the Google algorithm, they find the listings they think match your query and then feed you the 1st 10 or so.
You don’t necessarily get the same Google Data Center each time you search, even if you do a search one after another. The ranking algorithm is varied to some extent in each Data Center. Some more than others. It is believed that at least 1 Data Center at any time is using a more ‘experimental’ algorithm as Google tries to continually improve their ranking formula.
What does this mean for your search engine optimization (SEO)? It means you should continue to do the same crucial On and Off Site work. That means links, targeted keywords, and quality, targeted content. You can’t game every algorithm variation, especially not as they continually change. The solid foundations of SEO will server you well, no matter what Data Center you’re being ranked in.
- Internet Marketing – Where Robots Ain’t Cool - July 20, 2015
- Why Google Biz Reviews are Even More Important to You Now - July 3, 2015
- How You’re Losing Website Sales at the Crucial Moment - June 23, 2015
- Why Google+ MUST Be Part of Your Internet Marketing Strategy - June 18, 2015
- 3 Questions You Must Answer When Considering PPC - June 15, 2015
- Why 50+ Year Old Direct Marketing Techniques are the New SEO ‘Secrets’ - June 11, 2015
- The Truth About Bounce Rate - June 4, 2015
- READABLE: The Overlooked SEO & Internet Marketing Factor - May 29, 2015
- You Can’t Just Sell in Today’s SEO World & Still Rank - May 27, 2015
- How to Get Back Up in Google After the ‘Phantom’ Update - May 22, 2015