The news in the search advertising world got some bad news, at least for some outlets. Both AOL and Ask reported that they are seeing a slowdown in revenue from their search advertising programs. AOL even stated that they expected the decline to continue.
On the other hand Google & Yahoo both reported growth during recent months. AdWords & Yahoo Ads both boosted their profits. So which is the real story? I believe that search marketing/advertising is still growing. Yahoo and especially Google have excellent search ad programs, so they’re just getting more business that the weaker ones (AOL & Ask) don’t.
In fact, there is a trend toward more search engine use by consumers during this economic downturn. They’re taking more time and putting more effort into shopping around. If they have less money to play with, they want to be sure it’s going to be spent wisely. That means research on Google, Yahoo, etc.
That means that search marketing and advertising is worth your money if you’re a business. It’s where the consumers and clients are going so you need to be there in front of them. It’s time to stop missing the party. Search marketing is the both the present and the forseeable future.
- Internet Marketing – Where Robots Ain’t Cool - July 20, 2015
- Why Google Biz Reviews are Even More Important to You Now - July 3, 2015
- How You’re Losing Website Sales at the Crucial Moment - June 23, 2015
- Why Google+ MUST Be Part of Your Internet Marketing Strategy - June 18, 2015
- 3 Questions You Must Answer When Considering PPC - June 15, 2015
- Why 50+ Year Old Direct Marketing Techniques are the New SEO ‘Secrets’ - June 11, 2015
- The Truth About Bounce Rate - June 4, 2015
- READABLE: The Overlooked SEO & Internet Marketing Factor - May 29, 2015
- You Can’t Just Sell in Today’s SEO World & Still Rank - May 27, 2015
- How to Get Back Up in Google After the ‘Phantom’ Update - May 22, 2015