Many are wondering about where the economy is going. We’re obviously experiencing a slowdown. Whether that means a full scale recession will happen, or even is happening, is uncertain. What is certain is that search engine marketing and optimization will be the way to go in tight times.
This is backed up by recent surveys that show an increase in the amount businesses are spending on search marketing, including AdWords/Pay-Per-Click as well as organic search engine optimization. The 3rd quarter of this year showed big gains across the board. And there’s good reason for that.
Many businesses are finally realizing that search engine marketing really is the most cost-effective marketing avenue out there. Although the numbers backed this up there was a reluctance to fully embrace it for some reason. Whether that stemmed from so many getting burned in the dot com bust of 2000/2001 or a reluctance to embrace a new marketing at the expense of the traditional outlets, the tipping point was finally reached.
Keep in mind, however, that its cost-effectiveness relies on the same criterion of other marketing. You still need targeted, knowledgeable and responsive methods to get the benefits. It’s not magic. It’s an excellent marketing opportunity, but one that still requires effort and smarts. Money can be thrown away on Google as easily as it can be on print ads. So approach it with open arms, but a cautious mind.
- Internet Marketing – Where Robots Ain’t Cool - July 20, 2015
- Why Google Biz Reviews are Even More Important to You Now - July 3, 2015
- How You’re Losing Website Sales at the Crucial Moment - June 23, 2015
- Why Google+ MUST Be Part of Your Internet Marketing Strategy - June 18, 2015
- 3 Questions You Must Answer When Considering PPC - June 15, 2015
- Why 50+ Year Old Direct Marketing Techniques are the New SEO ‘Secrets’ - June 11, 2015
- The Truth About Bounce Rate - June 4, 2015
- READABLE: The Overlooked SEO & Internet Marketing Factor - May 29, 2015
- You Can’t Just Sell in Today’s SEO World & Still Rank - May 27, 2015
- How to Get Back Up in Google After the ‘Phantom’ Update - May 22, 2015