Google has addressed the complex problem of doing SEO/optimization for sites using dynamic pages. Most SEO strategies for these sites centered on Mod Rewrite to turn those multi-variable addresses into something more search engine friendly.
The problem was that this could go wrong and hurt the site’s standing if not done carefully and with forethought. Google’s new posting on what they want to see from sites is a mix of enlightenment and further confusion. Reading the comments at the bottom of it will show you exactly what they did – and didn’t – address clearly. It might be a case of opening a can of worms that was already losing its top.
Still it is worth reading and could help us all in trying to feed to Google the kind of SEO that they want and reward. You can read all about it here:
This will open in a new window, by the way.
- Internet Marketing – Where Robots Ain’t Cool - July 20, 2015
- Why Google Biz Reviews are Even More Important to You Now - July 3, 2015
- How You’re Losing Website Sales at the Crucial Moment - June 23, 2015
- Why Google+ MUST Be Part of Your Internet Marketing Strategy - June 18, 2015
- 3 Questions You Must Answer When Considering PPC - June 15, 2015
- Why 50+ Year Old Direct Marketing Techniques are the New SEO ‘Secrets’ - June 11, 2015
- The Truth About Bounce Rate - June 4, 2015
- READABLE: The Overlooked SEO & Internet Marketing Factor - May 29, 2015
- You Can’t Just Sell in Today’s SEO World & Still Rank - May 27, 2015
- How to Get Back Up in Google After the ‘Phantom’ Update - May 22, 2015