Are you a Google AdWords user/advertiser? Google AdWords has added a couple of new features to aid you (and me) in running your campaigns. Here’s the breakdown:
IMPROVEMENT #1 – Location Targeting
If you used the AdWords geographic targeting tool before, you know that you chose could choose areas, but if you only wanted to choose one certain part of a country to target, you had to create a separate campaign for it. In other words if you wanted to choose all of Asia and just the Western states of the U.S., you had to do 2 campaigns. 1 for Asia, 1 for the US states. Now you can choose both in one campaign.
The new targeting tool takes the form of an interactive map. That’s a great improvement over the old-school list of nation/state/city names that preceded this. With the map you can make choices in different countries at different levels of specificity.
Still, having not used this yet myself, I’m unsure how well you can tell the campaign is doing in one area over another if they’re in the same campaign. There’s always the option of an analytics campaign tracking it, but that adds another step to getting to that data – assuming that you can’t see it from inside AdWords, that is.
Improvement #2 will be addressed in the next post. Stay tuned.
- Internet Marketing – Where Robots Ain’t Cool - July 20, 2015
- Why Google Biz Reviews are Even More Important to You Now - July 3, 2015
- How You’re Losing Website Sales at the Crucial Moment - June 23, 2015
- Why Google+ MUST Be Part of Your Internet Marketing Strategy - June 18, 2015
- 3 Questions You Must Answer When Considering PPC - June 15, 2015
- Why 50+ Year Old Direct Marketing Techniques are the New SEO ‘Secrets’ - June 11, 2015
- The Truth About Bounce Rate - June 4, 2015
- READABLE: The Overlooked SEO & Internet Marketing Factor - May 29, 2015
- You Can’t Just Sell in Today’s SEO World & Still Rank - May 27, 2015
- How to Get Back Up in Google After the ‘Phantom’ Update - May 22, 2015