Google, more specifically Google AdWords, has just launched a new site dedicated solely to click fraud – info on it, info on fighting it, info on what they’re doing about it. At least that’s what they say the site will be. Right now there’s not much there:
Check it out for yourself. At the time of this writing the front page has 3 very brief entries. 2 of them are just listings of upcoming conferences for AdWords professionals/advertisers. The few other pages have very little content as well. If this is supposed to be a show of force in the war on click fraud, it’s apparent they only brought a popgun.
It’s another sign that Google doesn’t get it. True, it’s just the initial launch. But for a problem of this magnitude, a limp effort like this doesn’t inspire much confidence. To say the least. It looks like more of the same from Google. That ‘Don’t Be Evil’ motto they trumpeted so loudly is becoming harder and harder to hear these days. As they say ‘Money Changes Everything’. Maybe that should be Google’s new motto.
- Internet Marketing – Where Robots Ain’t Cool - July 20, 2015
- Why Google Biz Reviews are Even More Important to You Now - July 3, 2015
- How You’re Losing Website Sales at the Crucial Moment - June 23, 2015
- Why Google+ MUST Be Part of Your Internet Marketing Strategy - June 18, 2015
- 3 Questions You Must Answer When Considering PPC - June 15, 2015
- Why 50+ Year Old Direct Marketing Techniques are the New SEO ‘Secrets’ - June 11, 2015
- The Truth About Bounce Rate - June 4, 2015
- READABLE: The Overlooked SEO & Internet Marketing Factor - May 29, 2015
- You Can’t Just Sell in Today’s SEO World & Still Rank - May 27, 2015
- How to Get Back Up in Google After the ‘Phantom’ Update - May 22, 2015