Landing pages are simply the page a searcher is sent to when they click on your Google AdWords ad (or Yahoo Ads or MSN, Etc). One thing that people often forget is that they still need to customize the marketing to the keywords. Most search advertisers just send every person who clicks their ad to the home page. That seems to make sense, doesn’t it?
It does, but if you want to take your ad campaigns to a higher conversion level, you need to start coordinating the landing page to your ad. For example, a visitor is more likely to stick around if they see the same keywords on the landing page that they used on the search engine. The unconscious idea is produced in their heads that this page is what they’re looking for; therefore it’s worth checking out. Of course, you still have to provide the copy and content that also fit the keywords’ subject.
What this all means is that you need to create individual pages for different campaigns so you and your individual visitors are talking – on a subtle level, of course. If they click an ad about #2 pencils, direct them to the page on that product specifically. If they click on an ad about erasers, send them to a page of erasers.
Giving them to a general home page to look at is putting more distance between the visitor and a sale. Take them directly to what they want, what they asked for on the search engine, and your chances of a sale go up. It’s a simple concept, but requires some work. But that’s what marketing is all about, isn’t it? Working to grease the skids toward a sale.
- Internet Marketing – Where Robots Ain’t Cool - July 20, 2015
- Why Google Biz Reviews are Even More Important to You Now - July 3, 2015
- How You’re Losing Website Sales at the Crucial Moment - June 23, 2015
- Why Google+ MUST Be Part of Your Internet Marketing Strategy - June 18, 2015
- 3 Questions You Must Answer When Considering PPC - June 15, 2015
- Why 50+ Year Old Direct Marketing Techniques are the New SEO ‘Secrets’ - June 11, 2015
- The Truth About Bounce Rate - June 4, 2015
- READABLE: The Overlooked SEO & Internet Marketing Factor - May 29, 2015
- You Can’t Just Sell in Today’s SEO World & Still Rank - May 27, 2015
- How to Get Back Up in Google After the ‘Phantom’ Update - May 22, 2015