I have to hand it to Google – they’ve come out with something that can truly help your business. The Google Website Optimizer is basically your testing ground for any and all factors that are used on a webpage. Want to test different text colors or fonts and see which ones produce the best response? You can do that. You want to see which headline is bringing sales from your Google AdWords campaign(s)? This will give you all the stats at a glance.
Now, it wasn’t that doing split testing was so hard to do. But having all the data spelled out for you at a glance is extremely helpful. But there’s more to the Google’s Website Optimizer than that. It is actually set up to do much more complicated testing jobs. The tool truly shines in its ability to test more than one factor, ie multivariates, cutting our testing time down greatly. For example you can test headlines AND font choices at the same time. If you’re familiar with the Taguchi Method, you’ve probably dealt with this already. And you can probably see how this new development has a lot to offer.
Unfortunately, there are a few things keeping most people from jumping right in. The first is that testing multiple factors at one time is a complex process and you have to maintain a good hold on what you’re seeing in the data. It’s not as easy with split testing, where you can see at a glance which is the winner.
The 2nd barrier is the fact that this is still in the beta phase, so using it is by invitation. You can apply, though, and see what happens. It certainly can’t hurt. Here’s a link where you can see a demo of the package:
- Internet Marketing – Where Robots Ain’t Cool - July 20, 2015
- Why Google Biz Reviews are Even More Important to You Now - July 3, 2015
- How You’re Losing Website Sales at the Crucial Moment - June 23, 2015
- Why Google+ MUST Be Part of Your Internet Marketing Strategy - June 18, 2015
- 3 Questions You Must Answer When Considering PPC - June 15, 2015
- Why 50+ Year Old Direct Marketing Techniques are the New SEO ‘Secrets’ - June 11, 2015
- The Truth About Bounce Rate - June 4, 2015
- READABLE: The Overlooked SEO & Internet Marketing Factor - May 29, 2015
- You Can’t Just Sell in Today’s SEO World & Still Rank - May 27, 2015
- How to Get Back Up in Google After the ‘Phantom’ Update - May 22, 2015