If you’re advertising on Google AdWords, you should take a look at your landing pages. Google’s new focus on landing pages in their bid pricing formula has caught a lot of people by surprise.
Make sure that your landing pages have real content that fits both your AdWords ad text and the keywords you’re targetting. There’ve been more than a few posts in Search Engine forums by people who’ve been hit by ‘sticker-shock’. The bid prices they’re now required to pay have gone up as much as 10 times.
Hopefully you were already lining up your landing pages with the rest of your campaigns. If not, do it now. So far neither I nor any of my clients have been hit. I don’t know if that means we’re safe or that the new formula hasn’t been rolled out everywhere.
Lastly, even if you have done all the right things, there is the chance that you could be hit. Since we’re dealing with search engines and a computer-run/automated formula, it’s not a 100% guarantee that doing what’s right will protect you. That’s just how it is in the world of search engines.
- Internet Marketing – Where Robots Ain’t Cool - July 20, 2015
- Why Google Biz Reviews are Even More Important to You Now - July 3, 2015
- How You’re Losing Website Sales at the Crucial Moment - June 23, 2015
- Why Google+ MUST Be Part of Your Internet Marketing Strategy - June 18, 2015
- 3 Questions You Must Answer When Considering PPC - June 15, 2015
- Why 50+ Year Old Direct Marketing Techniques are the New SEO ‘Secrets’ - June 11, 2015
- The Truth About Bounce Rate - June 4, 2015
- READABLE: The Overlooked SEO & Internet Marketing Factor - May 29, 2015
- You Can’t Just Sell in Today’s SEO World & Still Rank - May 27, 2015
- How to Get Back Up in Google After the ‘Phantom’ Update - May 22, 2015