If you’ve read my About page, you’ll already know everything essential. So I won’t write it again here. I’m just a haole (white person, for you mainlanders) trying to make an honest buck, though 2 bucks would be nice. Business is done a little differently here in Hawaii. How? That’s what I’ll be writing about, at least partly. Plus a little about life here in the Islands and what brought me back.
The Big Google AdWords Shake-Up
I’ll also post tips, news, happenings in the area(s) I work in: SEO, PPC, Copywriting, Web Analytics. There’s always a lot going on. For instance – Google AdWords instituted a new Formula for how much to charge in bids. The idea is that they now figure out how much relevant content your site has and then price accordingly.
I’ve gotten first hand reports about bid prices that literally went from .05 to $5. That’s not an exagerration, it really happened. So far there doesn’t seem to be any hard, fast rules for how they decide relevancy. Some sites with pages and pages of content have been hit while some one page sites have not. But you should be used to that when it comes to dealing with search engines. I’ll post more as things develop. Keep a sharp eye on your AdWords keywords because they may be shut off.
- Internet Marketing – Where Robots Ain’t Cool - July 20, 2015
- Why Google Biz Reviews are Even More Important to You Now - July 3, 2015
- How You’re Losing Website Sales at the Crucial Moment - June 23, 2015
- Why Google+ MUST Be Part of Your Internet Marketing Strategy - June 18, 2015
- 3 Questions You Must Answer When Considering PPC - June 15, 2015
- Why 50+ Year Old Direct Marketing Techniques are the New SEO ‘Secrets’ - June 11, 2015
- The Truth About Bounce Rate - June 4, 2015
- READABLE: The Overlooked SEO & Internet Marketing Factor - May 29, 2015
- You Can’t Just Sell in Today’s SEO World & Still Rank - May 27, 2015
- How to Get Back Up in Google After the ‘Phantom’ Update - May 22, 2015